Tuesday 28 September 2010

Commiserations to Mummy Miliband

I've been glued to the Labour leadership contest, not just because I'm a geeky political junky but also due to my new incarnation as mother of two boys. My most pressing parenting dilemma is how to deal with the constant spats M and S have over their toys. Should I intervene on the behalf of the muggee? Let them fight it out? Remove said toy altogether?.... It's tough but imagine how Mummy Miliband must feel. I've (probably) been deluding myself that the toddler stage is the worst. I can just about get my head around teenage emnity but, but, but, what if they're deadly rivals in their 40s? I'll be a little old lady by then and the last thing I'll want is my boy's slugging it out on the national stage. Boys, boys, boys, whatever you do, please don't go into politics.

3 comments:

  1. I have girls (twins) aged 2 and they are really into arguing at the moment. This involoves raising their voices to high shrieks, tugging on chosen toy, and recently pushing away. I so hope this is a 'stage' and will pass once they listen more to mummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's a really good point! How tricky!

    I've just come to your blog from BMB keen to read your blog as I have a ten month old who's recently been joined by a 6 month old and living in London so we may have much in common!

    You can find me at www.poorparenting.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mm just wondering how long we have to wait until the 'listen more to mummy' marisworld.

    Confessions, I'll have a look at your blog, sounds interesting - you almost have twins!

    ReplyDelete